Botanic Gardens Open Day
Join us for a day of celebrating botanic gardens across Australia and New Zealand. Rain or shine... Bring a brolly and gumboots!
- 10am - 2pm Take the Native Plant Survivor Challenge for families and kids aged 4+.
- 11am - 12pm Join a guided walk through our extensive Harakeke (flax) collection
with Jeff, our Acting Native Plants Curator.
- 11am - 3pm Visit our library to see our vast collection of conservation books.
- From 12pm Enjoy a ride through the gardens on the Wiri Rambler. Rides are
weather dependent. $2 per adult, $1 3-13 year olds, free for under 3s.
- 1pm - 2pm Join our Conservation Specialist Emma on an informative walk
through our Threatened Native Plants Garden.
Throughout the day:
- Explore our fabulous Permanent Sculpture Collection with a map from
the visitor centre.
- Discover some of our favourite trees on the Tree Trail throughout the
Gardens (pick up a trail guide at the visitor centre).
- Take the kids on the Pizza Plant Trail to identify some easy-to-grow
edible plants that make great pizza toppings.
- Post a picture to our Facebook page with #BGANZOpenDay for a
chance to win some great prizes!
- Talk to our expert staff for tips on successful gardening in Auckland.
Find out more about what's happening across Australasia here.